Wednesday, 31 December 2014

IFO LOCAL GOVERNMENT DAYLIGHT ROBBERY 2



The ramshackle office I was taken under the pretext that I want to collect a notice ( in any case which should be the first step for revenue of such nature if it exists by local government bye-law), was horrible .It was made of plywood and nothing was there except a table and a bench to dupe people. And then they rudely push in your face damning you a bogus “invoice" for payment. The three -page document is so faded like the issuers. I could hardly read the over photocopied documents. Without any basis they issue you the fraudulent papers to go and pay before you can leave with your car. In any case, your tyres would have been deflated before you get down. There is a vulcanizer waiting for you. Once you are in their prison yard or call it detention camp, you are done for. I have never seen so much wickedness in my life under civil rule.

I counted up to four various security agents' vehicles coming in to bail out the powerful victims among us who can pull calls though to their own. God help you if you don't know anybody. If after you are done with them by going to pay or given the phantom receipts, the pot bellied and oversized gate-man will want to collect money for his own "receipt." He will not open the ramshackle and dilapidated gate if you don't pay him. I thought of ramming open the rusty gate but I was advised against it by the guest I had in my car. 

I met so many unsuspecting victims like me in their den. Minute by minutes, cars were being deceived in a kidnap manner into this "revenue" joint. I kept wondering that if a local government need money desperately, why employ touts and school drop outs reeking of both alcohol and body odour? Ifo local government cannot tell Nigerians that they don't have educated people that can do the job in the whole local government.

No comments:

Post a Comment