Sunday, 12 May 2013

ENCOMIUMS AS SIR ALEX FERGUSON RECEIVES 13TH MEDAL




Manchester United beat Swansea City 2-1 with Rio Ferdinand scoring the winning goal in 87’ at Old Trafford Sunday evening. It was an emotional win as Sir Alex Ferguson bid the club farewell as the manager. He was first to collect his championship medal while waiting for his players to collect theirs. It was a beautiful sight to behold as his players handed him the Cup. The players from Robin Van Persie to Rio Ferdinand paid glowing tributes to their iconic manager. The manager also made emotional speech about the club, fans and the players especially Paul Scholes who played his last match for the club today. Hear the Boss: “I want to pay tribute to Paul Scholes who retires today. He is one of the greatest players this club will ever have.”

When journalist asked him about what he will be doing in retirement, he replied “I have no script in my mind. I’m just going to


ramble and hope I get to the core of what this football club meant to me.”

Fergie, “I had bad times here and the club stood by me, the players and fans did too. Your job now is to stand by our new manager. You ‘ve been the greatest experience of my life and well done to the players for winning the title in a fantastic fashion. Thank you to Manchester United, not just the directors, medics, staff, players, supporters, and all of you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment