'Good morning, Mr. Pros'
'Good morning,Mr. Konti'
'I beg wetin be this news about PDP debating? Every where wey I turn nah PDP debating.I hear say PDP don reach $510b. How much my popular party don reach? Why only them dey take all the money.This no good oh. Which time we go debate our own?'
'Please don't start this morning, Mr Konti.It 's too early for your questions and misconceptions.Anyway, what is in the news since Sunday, April 6 is that the GDP of Nigeria is now $510bn or N80tn using 2013 as new base year.The last time Nigeria did this was in 1990.There are many areas in the economy such as Nollywood,Telecommunications,Informal sectors and others that were not covered in 1990.There have been massive contributions in this areas to the economy that need to be imputed to know the true size of the Nigerian economy.Nigeria by this rebasing, has overtaken South Africa to become the largest economy in Africa and 26th in the world.It is mischievous to call it PDP debating.It is GDP rebasing.GDP is Gross Domestic Product.This is a tool for national income measurement.A good yardstick for knowing the size and structure of the economy.The rebasing should have been done every 3 years.'
'All this grammar for my simple questions? Nah wao.Too much book Nah problem sef.'
' Mr. Konti, I don't know how I can break this down to you so that you can see things from unambiguous perspective.By the way what is the name of your popular party?'
'The name of our Party nah SLP.Siddon Look Party.We plenty for membership.'
'You can't be serious,Konti.How do you think your views and aspirations and other members of your so called party could be aggregated and integrated with those of other Nigerians for production of policies that will affect our lives. Joining a registered party is a good avenue for this and not some funny 'siddon look' party.'
'I don hear you.I beg why be say with all this your sabi and grammar you no go be lecturer for university? That man wey dey for confab for even hirer you to be one of him professors for the confab.'
'I don't like it when you try to reduce arguments to your incomprehensible level.It is the problem of the delegate who said he would pay his league of professors for the on going national conference more than his total allowance.In any case there are good things coming from the Conference.Nigerians are talking.It's better to Jaw Jaw than to war war.'
'Yes,Pros, good things dey come from the Confab my brother.We don know now say old people fit fight for food.We don see say when old people shop finish nah sleep they go sleep.Some dey even dey play Scrabble when people dey talk.'
'What are you inferring Konti?
' I no know wetin you dey talk'
'I mean what are you trying to say about the Confab?'
'Well e be like say we dey pay some people dem retirement benefits.'
'Konti, you are insufferable.what is your problem? There has been so many violence in the country in the last 2 years from so many aggrieved groups.It should be a welcome development when we have opportunity like this to ventilate our views.'
'I don hear.Make wee leave dat matter for now. Dis your PDP, sorry GDP; how e go benefit me and membersof my party? If economy don reach N80tn,why my people come die say dem dey look for jobs? The size of economy don go up as u say but our poverty don go up as well.I hear world bank say we dey among people wey poor pass poverty.'
' Please, Konti, am still going to the office.My office is at Lekki.We may have to postpone this discussion.'
' You don see why I talk say make you go take house for Lekki abi make you dey work here.You dey work for Igando and you go take job for Lekki.Yet you go dey blow big grammar and show plenty sabi sense.I pity your life.'
'I have a cab to catch for now.Surely I will give you your reply when I get back from work.'
'I beg before you go I wan know how una calculate the GDP.I hope say una add the
$20bn money wey dem say miss for NNPC and the one wey madam minister take wakabout inside jets? If they no do that,dem calculation no correct o!'
'God help you.Iam on my way!'
TO BE CONCLUDED.
No comments:
Post a Comment