Monday, 22 September 2014

POLICE CHECK POINTS OR COLLECTION CENTRES 2

It is not a bad idea to stop a vehicle or two if observation  leads to suspicion but for police officers making a particular spot a checking centre leaves much to be desired. The fear of the police on patrol from time to time goes a long way to prevent some forms of crime.During patrols, criminals will not be able to determine when police will come around. When criminals know where they can find police officers at a particular time, it will give fillip to their devilish acts.

The police hierarchy should quickly intervene and inform us why we have police mounting check points everywhere.On. Streets leading to Apapa Oshodi expressway, you see police waiting for Tokunboh or imported fairly used cars most times at night.There was an incident that nearly led to public disorder while I was passing through one of the roads long sometime ago.

A navy guy was ' escorting' a Tokunboh car when police stopped the car. The policeman asked the driver and the navy guy to come down.The reason he did that, I didn't know.The two refused and before I could blink, other policemen emerged from nowhere and there were arguments. There was heavy traffic immediately because the problem was on a link road. The navy guy finally came down but I prayed silently not to witness police-navy clash again because all police officers were carrying guns.I had to quickly do a manoeuvre to another road before all hell will break loose.


No comments:

Post a Comment